HOW TO ENTER: Beginning at 12:00:00 PM Central Time (“CT”) on July 30, 2012 the How Many Packs Promotion Period will begin consisting of separate bi-weekly contests and separate entry periods during the Promotion Period (each, a “Bi-Weekly Entry Period”) as follows: (i) 7/30/2012 at 12:00:00 PM CT – 8/13/2012 at 11:59:59 AM CT, (ii) 8/13/2012 at 12:00:00 PM CT – 8/27/2012 at 11:59:59 AM CT, (iii) 8/27/2012 at 12:00:00 PM CT – 9/10/2012 11:59:59 PM CT, ending at 11:59:59 PM CT on September 10, 2012 (collectively the “Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official timeclock for all Promotion purposes.
During the Promotion Period entrants must log on to www.HowManyPacks.com (the “website”) and follow the onscreen instructions to enter a complete submission for a chance to win one of three celebrity items and a limited supply of 5 gum micro packs (details of prize package description in the paragraph below labeled Prize/Judging; prize availability subject to Sponsor’s discretion). Entrant will be asked to enter a complete submission which consists of, first and last name, date of birth, email address, and a numerical guess for How Many Packs are inside the designated celebrity item. For your entry to be a valid, you must include all information required by the registration form and all information submitted must be accurate. Online Entries must be submitted by (i) 8/13/2012, and (ii) 8/27/2012, and by 11:59:59 PM CT on (iii) 9/10/2012, respectively to be eligible to win the corresponding bi-weekly prizes. Limit one (1) entry per person, per day, per email address during the Promotion Period regardless of method of entry. You must enter each Bi-Weekly Entry Period if you wish to be eligible to receive the prize during that bi-weekly contest.
Each person may only use one (1) e-mail address to participate in this Promotion, and such e-mail address may only be used by one (1) person regardless of whether the e-mail address is shared by two (2) or more people. Any participant who uses more than one (1) e-mail address to enter this Promotion may be disqualified, and the prize won may be forfeited subject to Sponsor’s sole discretion. In case of a dispute as to the identity of a participant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used at the time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. By participating in this Promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these full Official Rules and the decisions of the judges, which shall be final, binding and conclusive on all matters.
GRAND PRIZE (1): One (1) Grand Prize winner per bi-weekly contest will receive the celebrity item featured on the HowManyPacks.com website during the preceding Bi-Weekly Entry Period. Prizes will vary for each bi-weekly contest depending on featured celebrity item, as outlined below. All federal, state and local taxes and all other costs associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, are the sole responsibility of the winner. All prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor and may vary. No prize substitutions will be awarded, except that Sponsor may award a prize of equal or greater value at its sole discretion.
|Description||Approximate Retail Value|
|Prize 1||DJ bag as chosen by singer, songwriter Ciara; autographed headphones; along with the limited supply of 5 gum packs within bag||$748|
|Prize 2||Actress Shenae Grimes’ personal handbag and assortment of four (4) additional bags as chosen by Shenae Grimes; along with the limited supply of 5 gum packs within bags||$1,592|
|Prize 3||Rising artist Cris Cab’s autographed guitar case; along with the limited supply of 5 gum packs within case||$449|
Grand Prize Winner Selection: One (1) potential Grand Prize winner will be selected by Sponsor based on the entrant that guesses the correct number of packs inside the celebrity item per each Bi-Weekly Entry Period. If several entrants guess the same number of 5 gum micro packs, the potential Grand Prize winner will be selected randomly from this group of people. If none of the entrants’ guesses match the correct number of micro packs inside the celebrity item, the entry that is closest to the correct number of micro packs without going over will be the winner. If there is more than one entrant that is the closest to the correct number, the potential Grand Prize winner will be selected randomly from this group. Each bi-weekly potential Grand Prize winner will be contacted via email on or about (i) 8/23/2012 (ii) 9/3/2012, (iii) 9/17/2012, respectively. If, after two (2) attempts or within (24) twenty-four hours of contact (whichever occurs first), Sponsor has not received contact from potential Grand Prize winner, prize will be forfeited and a runner-up may be selected, if feasible, and at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prize award is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
4. GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS: No alternative or other substitution, assignment or transfer of the prize will be permitted, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of comparable or greater value. The Grand Prize winner will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the Grand Prize they receive not specified herein. Prize will be awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied, with respect to any prize. All income taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of each winner. An IRS Form 1099 may be issued to any winner. Prior to receiving prize, winner must provide social security number. By accepting a prize, the winner agrees to maintain their behavior in accordance with all applicable laws and generally accepted social practices in connection with participation in any potential Promotion activity.
5. SPECIAL PROMOTION LIMITATION: Any attempts by an individual to access the site via a bot script or other brute-force attack will result in that e-mail address becoming ineligible. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel or modify the promotion without notice or liability if website becomes infected with a virus, worms, bugs, or is technically corrupt, or if the Promotion otherwise cannot operate as planned or for any other reason as determined by Sponsor, including but not limited to acts of God and other events not within the reasonable control of the Released Parties. Released Parties assume no responsibility for any loss or damage to entrants’ or to any other person’s computer relating to, or resulting from, entering or downloading any information or software from or use of the website in connection with the Promotion Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone/Internet malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion, or by any human or other errors that may occur in connection with the Promotion. If any of the foregoing malfunctions, errors, fraud, unauthorized intervention or defects render the Promotion incapable of operating as planned or corrupt the integrity, affect the administration, security, proper play or fairness of the Promotion, Sponsor, at its sole discretion, may suspend or cancel the Promotion immediately. Under no circumstances will more prizes than those set forth in these full Official Rules be awarded. If a technical error, or the like, occurs that results in more potential winners than the available prizes, Sponsor may elect to hold a random drawing from all eligible claims received to award the indicated prize from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Promotion if it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices or intending to abuse, threaten or harass other entrants. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage, interfere with, or undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion is a violation of criminal and/or civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including Attorney’s fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these full Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
6. Release of Liability: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Promotion, you agree to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use of a prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Promotion; (b) technical errors or interruptions related to computers, software, servers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing or typographical errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Promotion or the judging or processing of entries; (e) late, lost, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, misdirected, garbled, illegible or postage-due mail, entries or email, or undeliverable mail, or e-mail; (f) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Released Parties that may cause the Promotion to be disrupted or corrupted; or (g) injury or damages of any kind, including death, to persons or property that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from your participation in the Promotion, or receipt use or misuse of the prize, including any travel or activity related thereto.
7. DISPUTES: BY ENTERING THE PROMOTION, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE PROMOTION, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, (IF ANY), NOT TO EXCEED TWO HUNDRED FIFTY DOLLARS ($250.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; AND (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Promotion, or the rights and obligations of entrants and the Released Parties in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of Illinois or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois. In the event of a claim or dispute, entrants’ sole remedy shall be limited to their remedy at law for damages, if any, and entrants shall not have the right to in any way enjoin or restrain the distribution, advertising, publicizing or other exploitation (in any form of media) of the Picture, the website, the Promotion, and/or any intellectual property owned or licensed by the Released Parties or their respective parent companies and affiliated entities.
9. SPONSOR: Wm. Wrigley Jr. Company, 410 North Michigan Ave., Chicago, IL 60611, celebrity partners are not responsible for the administration of this Promotion, the collection of Entries or the selection of winners.
©2012 Wm. Wrigley Jr. Company. All Rights Reserved.
5 Gum® is a trademark of the Wm. Wrigley Jr. Company or its subsidiaries.X